At Restaurant.ie, we do our very best to protect and respect your privacy. In general, you can expect that personally identifiable information you submit to us, whether through our website, email or other communication, is treated as confidential.
1. Information We Collect. Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and personalized experience while using our services. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience easier and quicker.
Using the Site's web server log files, we use IP addresses to analyze trends, track users' movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our site or not), what browser and operating system you are using, your IP address etc.
Surveys, Newsletters & Contests. From time-to-time our site may request information from users via surveys, contests or for a particular service (e.g. newsletter). Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested will include contact information (as supplied to the site during registration) and supplementary information on your professional interests, opinions and preferences (e.g. choice of software, working practices, opinions on industry issues, feedback on the restaurant.ie web site).
2. Our Use of Your Information. We use personally identifiable information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyse site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customise our site's content, layout, and services. We believe these uses allow us to improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
We use your e-mail address to send you newsletters or other communications (for example, security alerts or product specials) that you have requested from the Site. In compliance with the European Spam Act 2003, all our correspondence includes an opt-out option.
3. Opt-Out of Email Communications If at any stage you wish no longer to receive any e-mails that you receive from the site you can stop them by visiting http://www.restaurant.ie/contact.php . Your opt-out request will be processed as quickly as possible.
By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
As a general proposition, we do not sell, rent or willingly suppy any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
Legal Requests. restaurant.ie cooperates with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property and other rights. Local, and international law enforcement agents can request and may receive your personally identifiable information.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers. From time to time we use third party Suppliers and Service Providers to facilitate our services. Where any Service Provider collects information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a Service Provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the Supplier or Service Provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
5. Reviewing and Changing Your Personally Identifiable Information You can at any time ask to see and have removed any information that we have stored on you, though we reserve the right to charge for this service. Please contact us if you would like your personal information removed. We will retain in our files information you have requested to remove in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our User Agreement. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that we back up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests that it be removed.
7. Security In the event that you supply credit card details (or other details related to electronic payment), we will ensure that this information is collected and stored on a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secure server, to prevent interception by third-parties while in transit. Your browser may inform you as you enter or leave a section of our site secured with SSL.
On the restaurant.ie site we use best endeavour to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, but do not use encryption (such as SSL) or firewalls to further protect the information as it travels across the Internet. This is because we do not believe that, apart from the credit card or other payment information, the personal information we currently collect warrants such measures and the accompanying loss of speed experienced. You should be aware that "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.